Requirements to Join: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- That the CRNA practice in rural environment where a sufficient number of Anesthesiologists are not available to cover the needs of the population.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in good standing in the states in which he/she is practicing.
- Proof of graduation from a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
- Is properly certified by successfully completing the certification examination administered by the AANA’s Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists and is properly certified in compliance with criteria for biennial recertification as defined by the AANA Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists. Copies of certification(s) must accompany application.
- Annual completion of sufficient Continuing Medical Education units (CME) at or above the level required to maintain valid state license.
- Documentation of two years of experience during the most recent three years.
- Copy of current Malpractice Certificate of Insurance under the CRNA’s name not a group copy. Coverage of liability amounts must meet the State requirements in which you practice.
- If hospital/surgery center based, CRNA must have privileges at a CHA Network hospital or surgery center. The nurse anesthetist's activities or medical functions must be under direct supervision from a physician currently credentialed by CHA in the hospital/surgery center setting.
If office based, CRNA must be in compliance with Indiana code for procedures performed in the office based setting hat require moderate sedation/ analgesia, deep sedation/ analgesia, general anesthesia or regular anesthesia.
Disclaimer: This information is for informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute professional advice as circumstances may vary. CHA is not liable for information contained on this site. Fee schedule information applies only to M.D.s and D.O.s, not to any other Allied or Behavioral Health providers. CPT code allowables are global and do not represent modifiers. Information contained on this website is subject to change.